Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Primary Fever

Hmmm... interesting. I suffered from an acute case from primary fever in January during the Iowa and New Hampshire primaries. I had the same symptoms you did if you were similarly afflicted: regularly checking various websites, spending way too much time on CNN and then cross-referencing what you were hearing there with more balanced reporting on BBC World News and CBC Newsworld. It was a big deal and I devoted a fair amount of time and energy to following what was happening. And then I got better. It seemed a long, long way to Super Tuesday. Sure, there were some twists and turns here and there but... there were more pressing issues, like the Super Bowl and whether or not the Leafs would trade Mats Sundin.

So, Super Tuesday has now come and gone. Fortunately, while I paid attention to what was happening I was not as obsessed with is as I had been in January. The Democratic race should be a dogfight right down to the last minute, and the Republicans find themselves in a tricky position. Is McCain electable (in general)? And, can the Republican machine get behind a man they clearly don't all support (or even really like)?

No offense to Mr. McCain -- who, if we had to have another Republican President would, at least, be one who would do a decent job -- but here's my t-shirt for 2008:


T-shirt is available at Foul Mouth T-Shirts

Ah yes, the slogan t-shirt, no better way to get your message across.... Good times.

No comments: