Monday, March 31, 2008
Sunday, March 30, 2008
According to the blog, it is...
"A series of articles on the undiscovered, yet sadly fast-disappearing features of Budapest - a city of neon signs, presszó bars, secret cemeteries, hidden water reservoirs, changing far too swiftly into yet another homogenous mall-packed European metropolis. Twelve years' research by a Hungarian-speaking author into the hidden heart of the city. Catch it now before it's too late."
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Also, with the Leafs game now meaningless, what else do you have to do early on a Saturday evening.
Dr Pepper will give everyone in America a free soda if Axl Rose releases the long delayed Guns N' Roses album, Chinese Democracy, in 2008 (Slash and Buckethead excluded). The press release: http://pressreleasetosaveworld.blogspot.com/
The Dr. Pepper website urging Axl to finally unleash Chinese Democracy:
And it gets even stranger. Axl responds: http://www.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080326&content_id=a1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp
Friday, March 28, 2008
If the video doesn't load, click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lL1CW140FQ
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Monday, March 24, 2008
Friday, March 21, 2008
2. Around the world at your local pub
3. Compile a list of your favourite lines from Ben Stiller movies
4. Write a letter to your MPP
5. Bad sequel marathon. Suggestions: Grease 2; Caddyshack 2; Stayin' Alive.
6. Foreign movie marathon watching "3 Colours (Bleu, Blanc, Rouge)"
7. Snakes & Ladders, Payday, Sorry, Monopoly
8. Conduct Fantasy Football mock draft
9. Write a dissertation comparing and contrasting "The Hills" with "Laguna Beach" - present to your friends or family at dinner
10. Surf You Tube
11. Determine the number of licks required to get to the centre of a tootise pop. Conduct secondary test to corroborate initial findings
12. Drink a dozen Red Bulls and see what happens
13. Craft plan to restore Leafs to glory
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Monday, March 17, 2008
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Billed as "Knowledge's Last Chance", this site captures, "From the bold to the beautiful, from the wicked to the wise, every day the Wikipedia team relegates possibly "inappropriate" submissions to the garbage dump of time. Here, we make selected rejects immortal and preserve them for posterity." This is truly a treasure trove of useless stuff. A good time waster... http://wikidumper.blogspot.com/Sometimes a misstep doesn't mean a rake hits you in the face. Here's a magazine that recognizes bold and innovative attempts that have ended up in failure: Failure Magazine.
Greatest music video of all time! "Flat Beat" by Mr. Oizo starring the awesome Flat Eric. Good, good times. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQXiew-DQH4.
For more Flat Eric, including his Levis Jeans ad (for real), go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1ULFr0_Xpo
And finally, if you don't already know about this satire site, here is The Phat Phree, which is like a saucier version of the Onion. Here be funny.
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
10. Seven Drunken Nights - the Dubliners
9. Dirty Old Town - the Pogues
8. The Irish Rover - Dubliners & Pogues
7. Raggle Taggle Gypsy - the Mahones
6. Mari-mac - Great Big Sea
5. Whisky in the Jar - the Dubliners (go for the Metallica version if you really want to rock out)
4. Fisherman's Blues - the Waterboys
3. Barrett's Privateers - Stan Rogers
2. Fairytale of New York - the Pogues
1. Wild Rover - the Dubliners
Black Velvet Band
Farewell to Nova Scotia
The Mary Ellen Carter - Stan Rogers
Twelve Pints of Guinness - Pagan Mary
If I Should Fall From Grace With God - the Pogues
Yeah, Yeah,Yeah, Yeah,Yeah - the Pogues
Devil's in the Kitchen - Ashley McIsaac
Sleepy Maggie - Ashley McIsaac
Rose & Crown - the Mahones
Cinammon Girl (live) - the Mahones
Put any and all of these into the music rotation and you have yourself a party.
Monday, March 10, 2008
Saturday, March 8, 2008
Sunday, March 2, 2008
More info here: http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/disney-eyeing-tron-3d-for-2011.php
Saturday, March 1, 2008
1. Run Lola Run - This movie, from 1998, is a pure adrenaline joy ride set to a pumping techno soundtrack. It is the film equivalent of mainlining a Red Bull, if that, in fact, would do anything for you.
2. Goodbye Lenin! - This comedy from is a real charmer. And with all things East German being in vogue right now there's never been a better time to watch it... other than when it first came out, I guess.
3. The Lives of Others - This film from 2006 enjoyed a very long run at the Cumberland Cinema. Powerful and illuminating.