Sunday, February 3, 2008

(Re)Looking back at music in 2005

While thinking about what songs should make my January 2008 list I came across this nugget from the past buried in a folder about an annual, boys golf tournament (the GPO). After spending some time listening to these songs I thought I'd capture it here for posterity:

Well, 2005 has pretty much come and gone. As per my norm, here is a list of my favourite tracks from 2005 -- sticking with individual songs this year instead of albums… it’s an iPod age, my friends. Interestingly, I can’t actually remember the last time I was in a record store? Very odd considering I used to be in them about once a week.

2005 Faves
1. Rebellion (Lies) – The Arcade Fire
2. My Doorbell – The White Stripes
3. An Honest Mistake – The Bravery
4. I Predict a Riot – Kaiser Chiefs
5. All These Things That I’ve Done – The Killers
6. Feel Good Inc. – Gorillaz
7. Mr. Brightside – The Killers
8. Take It Easy (Love Nothing) – Bright Eyes
9. Middle of Nowhere – Hot Hot Heat
10. Hung Up – Madonna

Honourable Mention:
Do You Want To – Franz Ferdinand
Gold Digger – Kanye West

In hindsight, Gold Digger should have been on the main list, and probably near the top.

No comments: