Monday, November 17, 2008

Amazing kitesurfing photo

I guess this dude must have had quite the "oh no" second!
From the NY Post:
That menacing shape under an Australian kite surfer is a whale- and it's about to swat him in the head with its tail.
David Sheridan, 42, was 100 yards off the coast of New South Wales state when he saw what looked like the shadow of his kite - but it was actually a southern right whale, and it was just underneath him.
"Next thing I felt was its tail come up and hit me on the back of the head," Sheridan told The Daily Telegraph of Sydney.

"I thought I was gone . . . but it was more of a push than a punch, and I sailed away with shaking legs."
Sheridan, a photography teacher, got this shot with a kite-mounted camera set up to automatically take a picture every 10 seconds.


1 comment:

Francis Kiteboarding Equiptments said...

Nice, quite an interesting story. Lucky cam shots in a way it took nice shots.