Sunday, April 27, 2008

Because you were probably wondering what Jimmy Fallon was up to these days

Rumour has it that Jimmy Fallon is set to take over for Conan O'Brien when the latter takes over the Tonight Show from Jay Leno some time next year. Remember how funny Fallon used to be as... (um, Church Lady? No), and all those times he made you laugh with his catch phrase... (um, 'I'm Rick James, bitch!' No). Well, there was always him not being able to stay in character, so that is something, right? Anyhoo, Conan is funny but I'm too old to stay up and watch his show. So, on the plus side, the chances of me ever seeing Fallon's show, even accidentally, are practically nill.

Admittedly we're not dealing with a lot of depth here, but this is Jimmy Fallon at his finest... talking it out, on the Barry Gibb Talk Show.




If the video doesn't load click here: http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/play.shtml?mea=2792

Note to self: I can't believe I didn't include, "I'm Barry Gibb! I will put you in the ground!", in my favourite quotes from 2007. And yet, NBC cuts off the clip JUST before he utters this line, AND before he sings the show's theme song (...talkin bout chest hair and crazy cool medallions). I feel cheated and so should you. What gives NBC?

The full skit can be found here (as of May 13th anyway):
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=32730590

No comments: